Book your LHR to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute London to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LHR and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Heathrow to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LHR to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from London (LHR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from London on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LHR to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from Heathrow to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LHR to LAX
|Air New Zealand||Boeing 777-300 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|BMI||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|British Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A340-600|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Iberia Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Iberia Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Jet Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Virgin Atlantic Airways||Airbus A340-600|
Interesting Facts About Flights from London to Los Angeles (LHR to LAX)
- Virgin Atlantic operated flights from LHR to LAX using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Air New Zealand, American Airlines, UNITED, Air France offer flights from London, UK to Los Angeles, CA.
- British Airways carried a total of 279,429 passengers from LHR to LAX in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between London and Los Angeles from Virgin Atlantic is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 600 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from London, UK to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was Air France's B747-2/3 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- There were 727,448 passengers that flew from London to Los Angeles in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LHR to LAX for American Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 245 seats.
- 985,154 seats were available on flights from LHR to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 727,448 passengers flew on all flights from LHR to LAX that year.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between London and Los Angeles.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from London to Los Angeles in 2009 was 75.09%.
- The newest aircraft servicing LHR to LAX in 2009 was Virgin Atlantic's A340-3 from Airbus Industrie. The A340-3 started flying in 1996.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Los Cabos and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including La Quinta Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.