Book your LHR to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute London to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LHR and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Heathrow to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LHR to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from London (LHR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from London on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LHR to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Heathrow to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LHR to SFO
|Air New Zealand||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|BMI||Boeing 747 all pax models|
|British Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Iberia Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Jet Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Virgin Atlantic Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from London to San Francisco (LHR to SFO)
- 604,665 seats were available on flights from LHR to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 439,791 passengers flew on all flights from LHR to SFO that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing LHR to SFO in 2009 was Virgin Atlantic's A340-6 from Airbus Industrie. The A340-6 started flying in 1996.
- British Airways, UNITED, Virgin Atlantic offer flights from London, UK to San Francisco, CA.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between London and San Francisco from Virgin Atlantic is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 600 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from London, UK to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was British Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Virgin Atlantic operated flights from LHR to SFO using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- British Airways carried a total of 192,524 passengers from LHR to SFO in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from London to San Francisco in 2009 was 71.48%.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between London and San Francisco.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LHR to SFO for UNITED is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 257 seats.
- There were 439,791 passengers that flew from London to San Francisco in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Missoula? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Key Biscayne Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.