Book your LAX to ORD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and ORD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to O'Hare Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to ORD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to ORD Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to O'Hare Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to ORD
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Virgin America||Airbus A319|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to Chicago (LAX to ORD)
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to ORD in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- American Airlines operated flights from LAX to ORD using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 1,051,916 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to Chicago in 2009.
- Flight #671, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 24 minutes average delay between flights from Los Angeles to Chicago.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Los Angeles to Chicago.
- The shortest flight distance between Los Angeles and Chicago is 1745 miles.
- 1,188,829 seats were available on flights from LAX to ORD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 1,051,916 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to ORD that year.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to Chicago, IL.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to ORD for Continental Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 54 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and Chicago from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 360 seats.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and Chicago.
- UNITED carried a total of 603,968 passengers from LAX to ORD in 2009.
- The shortest flight between LAX and ORD takes about 204 minutes.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Los Angeles to Chicago.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to Chicago, IL in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to Chicago in 2009 was 84.16%.
- The average flight time from Los Angeles, CA to Chicago, IL takes about 205 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)