Book your LAX to IAH flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to Houston airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and IAH, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to George Bush Intercontinental with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to IAH Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Houston (IAH), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Houston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to IAH Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to George Bush Intercontinental.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to IAH
|American Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Copa Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to Houston (LAX to IAH)
- Continental Airlines operated flights from LAX to IAH using 9 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 557,819 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to Houston in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Los Angeles and Houston is 1379 miles.
- 651,382 seats were available on flights from LAX to IAH in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 557,819 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to IAH that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and Houston from Continental Airlines is the B767-4 built by Boeing with 237 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to Houston, TX in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to IAH for ExpressJet Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight between LAX and IAH takes about 167 minutes.
- Continental Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Los Angeles to Houston.
- Continental Airlines, American Airlines, UNITED, ExpressJet Airlines offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to Houston, TX.
- The average flight time from Los Angeles, CA to Houston, TX takes about 167 minutes.
- Continental Airlines operates the shortest flights from Los Angeles to Houston.
- Continental Airlines carried a total of 557,209 passengers from LAX to IAH in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and Houston.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to IAH in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-9 from Boeing. The B737-9 started flying in 2002.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to Houston in 2009 was 79.96%.
- Flight #294, operated by Continental Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 15 minutes average delay between flights from Los Angeles to Houston.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Downtown Tulsa Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.