Book your LAX to MEL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to Melbourne airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and MEL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to Tullamarine with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to MEL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Melbourne (MEL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Melbourne on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to MEL Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to Tullamarine.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to MEL
|American Airlines||Airbus A380 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777-300ER|
|V Australia Airlines||Boeing 777-300ER|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to Melbourne (LAX to MEL)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to MEL for Qantas Airways is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 311 seats.
- Qantas Airways, V Australia, UNITED offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to Melbourne, Australia.
- Qantas Airways carried a total of 101,960 passengers from LAX to MEL in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to Melbourne, Australia in 2009 was Qantas Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and Melbourne from Qantas Airways is the A380 built by Airbus Industrie with 449 seats.
- 128,843 seats were available on flights from LAX to MEL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 106,716 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to MEL that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to Melbourne in 2009 was 81.43%.
- Qantas Airways operated flights from LAX to MEL using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to MEL in 2009 was Qantas Airways' A380 from Airbus Industrie. The A380 started flying in 2008.
- There were 106,716 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to Melbourne in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and Melbourne.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Cheap Rental Cars Las Vegas? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Las Vegas Flight and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Atlantic City Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vegas Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.