Book your LAX to EWR flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to Newark airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and EWR, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to Liberty Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to EWR Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Newark (EWR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Newark on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to EWR Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to Liberty Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to EWR
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to Newark (LAX to EWR)
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and Newark.
- Continental Airlines operated flights from LAX to EWR using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to Newark, NJ in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Los Angeles, CA to Newark, NJ takes about 275 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to Newark in 2009 was 83.37%.
- Flight #1473, operated by Continental Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 51 minutes average delay between flights from Los Angeles to Newark.
- Continental Airlines, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Los Angeles to Newark.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Los Angeles to Newark.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to EWR for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and Newark from Continental Airlines is the B767-4 built by Boeing with 235 seats.
- There were 407,146 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to Newark in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to EWR in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-9 from Boeing. The B737-9 started flying in 2002.
- Continental Airlines carried a total of 357,139 passengers from LAX to EWR in 2009.
- The shortest flight between LAX and EWR takes about 269 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Los Angeles and Newark is 2454 miles.
- 462,174 seats were available on flights from LAX to EWR in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 407,146 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to EWR that year.
- Continental Airlines, American Airlines, Air Greenland, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Air Canada offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to Newark, NJ.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Milan and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Killington Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.