Book your LAX to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to SFO
|Air China||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Air China||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Canadair Regional Jet 900|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet 900|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Virgin America||Airbus A319|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
|WestJet||Boeing 737-800 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to San Francisco (LAX to SFO)
- UNITED operated flights from LAX to SFO using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 1,134,098 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 2009.
- 1,451,320 seats were available on flights from LAX to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 1,134,098 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to SFO that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 2009 was 72.25%.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and San Francisco from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- In 2009, there were 9 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- The average flight time from Los Angeles, CA to San Francisco, CA takes about 56 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Los Angeles and San Francisco is 337 miles.
- Alaska Airlines, UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was Alaska Airlines' B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED carried a total of 623,252 passengers from LAX to SFO in 2009.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Virgin America, Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Skywest Air, Continental Airlines, American Eagle offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to San Francisco, CA.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to SFO in 2009 was Alaska Airlines' B737-9 from Boeing. The B737-9 started flying in 2002.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to SFO for Skywest Air is the EMB-120 built by Embraer with 30 seats.
- Flight #1563, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 5 minutes average delay between flights from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
- The shortest flight between LAX and SFO takes about 55 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Mesquite Nevada you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.