Book your LAX to SYD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to Sydney airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and SYD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to Kingsford Smith Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to SYD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Sydney (SYD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Sydney on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to SYD Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to Kingsford Smith Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to SYD
|Air New Zealand||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|American Airlines||Airbus A380 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777-200LR|
|Lufthansa||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Qantas||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|V Australia Airlines||Boeing 777-300ER|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to Sydney (LAX to SYD)
- 540,667 seats were available on flights from LAX to SYD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 436,698 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to SYD that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to Sydney in 2009 was 79.8%.
- Qantas Airways, UNITED, V Australia, Delta Airlines offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to Sydney, Australia.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to Sydney, Australia in 2009 was Qantas Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and Sydney from Qantas Airways is the A380 built by Airbus Industrie with 446 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to SYD in 2009 was Qantas Airways' A380 from Airbus Industrie. The A380 started flying in 2008.
- Qantas Airways operated flights from LAX to SYD using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to SYD for Delta Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 277 seats.
- There were 436,698 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to Sydney in 2009.
- Qantas Airways carried a total of 213,018 passengers from LAX to SYD in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and Sydney.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Seattle and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Memphis Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Reno Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.