Book your LAX to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Los Angeles to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAX and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Los Angeles Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAX to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAX to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Los Angeles Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAX to IAD
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Los Angeles to Washington, DC (LAX to IAD)
- The shortest flight distance between Los Angeles and Washington is 2288 miles.
- UNITED carried a total of 422,417 passengers from LAX to IAD in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Los Angeles and Washington from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 374 seats.
- 785,134 seats were available on flights from LAX to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 686,418 passengers flew on all flights from LAX to IAD that year.
- The shortest flight between LAX and IAD takes about 255 minutes.
- The average flight time from Los Angeles, CA to Washington, DC takes about 255 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAX to IAD for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- Flight #553, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 7 minutes average delay between flights from Los Angeles to Washington.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Los Angeles, CA to Washington, DC in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED operated flights from LAX to IAD using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between Los Angeles and Washington.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAX to IAD in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A330-3 from Airbus Industrie. The A330-3 started flying in 2004.
- There were 686,418 passengers that flew from Los Angeles to Washington in 2009.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Los Angeles to Washington.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Los Angeles to Washington.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Los Angeles to Washington in 2009 was 87.3%.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Virgin America, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines, Frontier, Delta Airlines offer flights from Los Angeles, CA to Washington, DC.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Cleveland Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Punta Cana and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Lubbock Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.