Book your MEL to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Melbourne to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MEL and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Tullamarine to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MEL to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Melbourne (MEL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Melbourne on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MEL to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from Tullamarine to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MEL to LAX
|American Airlines||Airbus A380 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777-300ER|
|V Australia Airlines||Boeing 777-300ER|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Melbourne to Los Angeles (MEL to LAX)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Melbourne and Los Angeles from Qantas Airways is the A380 built by Airbus Industrie with 449 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Melbourne to Los Angeles in 2009 was 83.87%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MEL to LAX for Qantas Airways is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 310 seats.
- Qantas Airways, UNITED, V Australia offer flights from Melbourne, Australia to Los Angeles, CA.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Melbourne, Australia to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was Qantas Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Qantas Airways operated flights from MEL to LAX using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Melbourne and Los Angeles.
- Qantas Airways carried a total of 106,201 passengers from MEL to LAX in 2009.
- 134,691 seats were available on flights from MEL to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 112,687 passengers flew on all flights from MEL to LAX that year.
- There were 112,687 passengers that flew from Melbourne to Los Angeles in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing MEL to LAX in 2009 was Qantas Airways' A380 from Airbus Industrie. The A380 started flying in 2008.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Port Charlotte FL you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.