Book your MIA to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Miami to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MIA and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Miami Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
Browse popular flight destinations from Miami (MIA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Miami on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MIA to DTW Route Map
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Milan and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Paradise Island you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Route information for flights from Miami Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MIA to DTW
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Miami to Detroit (MIA to DTW)
- 185,809 seats were available on flights from MIA to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 151,566 passengers flew on all flights from MIA to DTW that year.
- There were 151,566 passengers that flew from Miami to Detroit in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Miami to Detroit in 2009 was 81.95%.
- The newest aircraft servicing MIA to DTW in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- Flight #1066, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 11 minutes average delay between flights from Miami to Detroit.
- The shortest flight between MIA and DTW takes about 152 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from MIA to DTW using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Miami, FL to Detroit, MI takes about 154 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Miami to Detroit.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Miami and Detroit from American Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 188 seats.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Miami to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 93,690 passengers from MIA to DTW in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines, American Airlines offer flights from Miami, FL to Detroit, MI.
- The shortest flight distance between Miami and Detroit is 1145 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Miami, FL to Detroit, MI in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MIA to DTW for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 124 seats.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between Miami and Detroit.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)