Book your MIA to GIG flights with Expedia and find last-minute Miami to Rio de Janeiro airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MIA and GIG, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Miami Intl. to Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MIA to GIG Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Miami (MIA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Miami on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Rio de Janeiro (GIG), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Rio de Janeiro on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MIA to GIG Route Map
Route information for flights from Miami Intl. to Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MIA to GIG
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|TAM Brazilian Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Miami to Rio de Janeiro (MIA to GIG)
- American Airlines, Tam Brazilian Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from Miami, FL to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- American Airlines operated flights from MIA to GIG using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing MIA to GIG in 2009 was American Airlines' B777-2 from Boeing. The B777-2 started flying in 1994.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Miami to Rio de Janeiro in 2009 was 80.7%.
- There were 146,437 passengers that flew from Miami to Rio de Janeiro in 2009.
- 182,194 seats were available on flights from MIA to GIG in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 146,437 passengers flew on all flights from MIA to GIG that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MIA to GIG for Tam Brazilian Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 205 seats.
- American Airlines carried a total of 87,273 passengers from MIA to GIG in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Miami and Rio de Janeiro.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Miami, FL to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2009 was American Airlines' B767-3/R from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Miami and Rio de Janeiro from American Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 246 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Anchorage? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Montauk Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Aspen Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.