Book your MIA to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Miami to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MIA and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Miami Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MIA to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Miami (MIA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Miami on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MIA to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Miami Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MIA to IAD
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Miami to Washington, DC (MIA to IAD)
- American Airlines, UNITED operate the shortest flights from Miami to Washington.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Miami to Washington in 2009 was 79.52%.
- Flight #850, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 19 minutes average delay between flights from Miami to Washington.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Miami to Washington.
- The shortest flight distance between Miami and Washington is 921 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MIA to IAD for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- 138,672 seats were available on flights from MIA to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 108,624 passengers flew on all flights from MIA to IAD that year.
- There were 108,624 passengers that flew from Miami to Washington in 2009.
- The average flight time from Miami, FL to Washington, DC takes about 122 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing MIA to IAD in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Miami and Washington.
- American Airlines operated flights from MIA to IAD using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Miami and Washington from American Airlines is the A300-6 built by Airbus Industrie with 267 seats.
- The shortest flight between MIA and IAD takes about 118 minutes.
- American Airlines, UNITED, Shuttle America, Air Greenland, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Miami, FL to Washington, DC.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Miami, FL to Washington, DC in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- American Airlines carried a total of 46,655 passengers from MIA to IAD in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Birmingham Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Sonoma Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best St. John Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.