Book your MSP to DSM flights with Expedia and find last-minute Minneapolis to Des Moines airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MSP and DSM, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. to Des Moines Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MSP to DSM Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Minneapolis (MSP), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Minneapolis on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Des Moines (DSM), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Des Moines on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MSP to DSM Route Map
Route information for flights from Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. to Des Moines Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MSP to DSM
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet 900|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Minneapolis to Des Moines (MSP to DSM)
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Minneapolis and Des Moines.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 33,549 passengers from MSP to DSM in 2009.
- The shortest flight between MSP and DSM takes about 40 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Minneapolis and Des Moines is 232 miles.
- The newest aircraft servicing MSP to DSM in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Minneapolis and Des Moines from Sun Country Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 162 seats.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Minneapolis to Des Moines.
- There were 38,271 passengers that flew from Minneapolis to Des Moines in 2009.
- Comair operated flights from MSP to DSM using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Minneapolis, MN to Des Moines, IA takes about 42 minutes.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Sun Country Airlines, Compass Airlines, American Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines offer flights from Minneapolis, MN to Des Moines, IA.
- 52,126 seats were available on flights from MSP to DSM in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 38,271 passengers flew on all flights from MSP to DSM that year.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Minneapolis, MN to Des Moines, IA in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Flight #4090, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 6 minutes average delay between flights from Minneapolis to Des Moines.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MSP to DSM for Chautauqua Airlines is the EMB-140 built by Embraer with 44 seats.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from Minneapolis to Des Moines.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Minneapolis to Des Moines in 2009 was 59.83%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Napa Valley? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Albuquerque and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Bellingham Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.