Book your MSP to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Minneapolis to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MSP and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MSP to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Minneapolis (MSP), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Minneapolis on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MSP to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MSP to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Minneapolis to Detroit (MSP to DTW)
- The newest aircraft servicing MSP to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- 623,408 seats were available on flights from MSP to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 478,314 passengers flew on all flights from MSP to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from MSP to DTW using 10 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Minneapolis, MN to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 476,039 passengers from MSP to DTW in 2009.
- Flight #7396, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 27 minutes average delay between flights from Minneapolis to Detroit.
- There were 478,314 passengers that flew from Minneapolis to Detroit in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Minneapolis and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- The shortest flight between MSP and DTW takes about 74 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Minneapolis to Detroit in 2009 was 74.64%.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Minneapolis and Detroit.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MSP to DTW for Northwest Airlink is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Minneapolis and Detroit is 528 miles.
- Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Republic Airlines, Sun Country Airlines offer flights from Minneapolis, MN to Detroit, MI.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Minneapolis to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Minneapolis to Detroit.
- The average flight time from Minneapolis, MN to Detroit, MI takes about 74 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Tampa Airport? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Rehoboth Beach Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vacation Packages to Los Angeles today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.