Book your MSY to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute New Orleans to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MSY and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MSY to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New Orleans (MSY), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New Orleans on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MSY to ATL Route Map
Route information for flights from Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MSY to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD90|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New Orleans to Atlanta (MSY to ATL)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MSY to ATL for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- 672,128 seats were available on flights from MSY to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 541,070 passengers flew on all flights from MSY to ATL that year.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 368,183 passengers from MSY to ATL in 2009.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Northwest Airlink, Atlantic Southeast, Comair, Skywest Air, Shuttle America, Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines offer flights from New Orleans, LA to Atlanta, GA.
- Flight #874, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 63 minutes average delay between flights from New Orleans to Atlanta.
- Skywest Air offers the shortest flight times from New Orleans to Atlanta.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Delta Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from New Orleans to Atlanta.
- The shortest flight distance between New Orleans and Atlanta is 425 miles.
- There were 541,070 passengers that flew from New Orleans to Atlanta in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New Orleans, LA to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Atlantic Southeast's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight between MSY and ATL takes about 56 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing MSY to ATL in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from MSY to ATL using 7 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New Orleans and Atlanta from Delta Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 262 seats.
- In 2009, there were 9 airline companies operating between New Orleans and Atlanta.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New Orleans to Atlanta in 2009 was 77.43%.
- The average flight time from New Orleans, LA to Atlanta, GA takes about 63 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in India you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.