Book your MSY to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute New Orleans to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MSY and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MSY to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New Orleans (MSY), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New Orleans on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MSY to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MSY to LAX
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New Orleans to Los Angeles (MSY to LAX)
- The shortest flight distance between New Orleans and Los Angeles is 1671 miles.
- The average flight time from New Orleans, LA to Los Angeles, CA takes about 225 minutes.
- Delta Airlines offers the shortest flight times from New Orleans to Los Angeles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New Orleans and Los Angeles from American Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 225 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New Orleans to Los Angeles in 2009 was 71.61%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MSY to LAX for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- UNITED carried a total of 62,086 passengers from MSY to LAX in 2009.
- There were 91,069 passengers that flew from New Orleans to Los Angeles in 2009.
- Delta Airlines, UNITED operate the shortest flights from New Orleans to Los Angeles.
- The newest aircraft servicing MSY to LAX in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- Flight #327, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 15 minutes average delay between flights from New Orleans to Los Angeles.
- 129,645 seats were available on flights from MSY to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 91,069 passengers flew on all flights from MSY to LAX that year.
- The shortest flight between MSY and LAX takes about 225 minutes.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from MSY to LAX using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New Orleans, LA to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, Northwest Airlines offer flights from New Orleans, LA to Los Angeles, CA.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between New Orleans and Los Angeles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Guyana and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Mohegan Sun Hotel you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.