Book your MSY to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute New Orleans to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MSY and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MSY to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New Orleans (MSY), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New Orleans on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MSY to IAD Route Map
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Barbados and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Bossier City Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Route information for flights from Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MSY to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New Orleans to Washington, DC (MSY to IAD)
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from New Orleans to Washington.
- 85,850 seats were available on flights from MSY to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 65,986 passengers flew on all flights from MSY to IAD that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New Orleans to Washington in 2009 was 74.39%.
- The newest aircraft servicing MSY to IAD in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Shuttle America, UNITED, Gojet Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from New Orleans, LA to Washington, DC.
- There were 65,986 passengers that flew from New Orleans to Washington in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MSY to IAD for Gojet Airlines is the RJ-700 built by Canadair with 66 seats.
- Shuttle America carried a total of 38,429 passengers from MSY to IAD in 2009.
- UNITED operates the shortest flights from New Orleans to Washington.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New Orleans and Washington from Delta Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 262 seats.
- UNITED operated flights from MSY to IAD using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between MSY and IAD takes about 120 minutes.
- Flight #374, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 4 minutes average delay between flights from New Orleans to Washington.
- The shortest flight distance between New Orleans and Washington is 954 miles.
- The average flight time from New Orleans, LA to Washington, DC takes about 120 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between New Orleans and Washington.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New Orleans, LA to Washington, DC in 2009 was Delta Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)