Book your JFK to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute New York to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between JFK and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from John F. Kennedy Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
JFK to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (JFK), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
JFK to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from John F. Kennedy Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from JFK to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New York to Detroit (JFK to DTW)
- Flight #1187, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 40 minutes average delay between flights from New York to Detroit.
- The newest aircraft servicing JFK to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from JFK to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 49 seats.
- The shortest flight between JFK and DTW takes about 87 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines, Comair operate the shortest flights from New York to Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between New York and Detroit is 508 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New York, NY to Detroit, MI in 2009 was American Airlines' B767-2/R from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 76,969 passengers from JFK to DTW in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between New York and Detroit.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New York to Detroit in 2009 was 74.77%.
- There were 111,288 passengers that flew from New York to Detroit in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New York and Detroit from Delta Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 184 seats.
- Northwest Airlines, Comair, Compass Airlines, Freedom Airlines, Delta Airlines, American Airlines offer flights from New York, NY to Detroit, MI.
- The average flight time from New York, NY to Detroit, MI takes about 87 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from New York to Detroit.
- 152,757 seats were available on flights from JFK to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 111,288 passengers flew on all flights from JFK to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from JFK to DTW using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Downtown Seattle Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find allegiant air and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Maui Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Chicago Tourism today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.