Book your JFK to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute New York to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between JFK and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from John F. Kennedy Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
JFK to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (JFK), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
JFK to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from John F. Kennedy Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from JFK to LAX
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 767-200 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|JetBlue Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|US Airways||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New York to Los Angeles (JFK to LAX)
- The newest aircraft servicing JFK to LAX in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue Airways operate the shortest flights from New York to Los Angeles.
- American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Virgin America, UNITED, Qantas Airways, JetBlue Airways, North American Airlines offer flights from New York, NY to Los Angeles, CA.
- The shortest flight between JFK and LAX takes about 323 minutes.
- There were 1,394,359 passengers that flew from New York to Los Angeles in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from JFK to LAX for UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 110 seats.
- Flight #117, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 18 minutes average delay between flights from New York to Los Angeles.
- 1,636,842 seats were available on flights from JFK to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 1,394,359 passengers flew on all flights from JFK to LAX that year.
- JetBlue Airways offers the shortest flight times from New York to Los Angeles.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between New York and Los Angeles.
- American Airlines carried a total of 481,409 passengers from JFK to LAX in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New York, NY to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- American Airlines operated flights from JFK to LAX using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between New York and Los Angeles is 2475 miles.
- The average flight time from New York, NY to Los Angeles, CA takes about 325 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New York to Los Angeles in 2009 was 80.32%.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New York and Los Angeles from Qantas Airways is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 317 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Birmingham Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Grand Cayman and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Bowling Green Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best St. John Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.