Book your JFK to GIG flights with Expedia and find last-minute New York to Rio de Janeiro airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between JFK and GIG, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from John F. Kennedy Intl. to Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
JFK to GIG Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (JFK), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Rio de Janeiro (GIG), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Rio de Janeiro on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
JFK to GIG Route Map
Route information for flights from John F. Kennedy Intl. to Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from JFK to GIG
|American Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A330 all models|
|TAM Brazilian Airlines||Airbus A330 all models|
|United Airlines||Airbus A330-200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New York to Rio de Janeiro (JFK to GIG)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New York and Rio de Janeiro from American Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 246 seats.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from JFK to GIG for Tam Brazilian Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 205 seats.
- 48,871 seats were available on flights from JFK to GIG in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 37,227 passengers flew on all flights from JFK to GIG that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing JFK to GIG in 2009 was American Airlines' B777-2 from Boeing. The B777-2 started flying in 1994.
- Tam Brazilian Airlines, American Airlines offer flights from New York, NY to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New York, NY to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2009 was American Airlines' B767-3/R from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- There were 37,227 passengers that flew from New York to Rio de Janeiro in 2009.
- American Airlines operated flights from JFK to GIG using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between New York and Rio de Janeiro.
- Tam Brazilian Airlines carried a total of 32,799 passengers from JFK to GIG in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New York to Rio de Janeiro in 2009 was 77.01%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Williamsburg you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.