Book your JFK to SAN flights with Expedia and find last-minute New York to San Diego airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between JFK and SAN, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from John F. Kennedy Intl. to San Diego Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
JFK to SAN Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (JFK), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
JFK to SAN Route Map
Route information for flights from John F. Kennedy Intl. to San Diego Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from JFK to SAN
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|JetBlue Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New York to San Diego (JFK to SAN)
- The shortest flight distance between New York and San Diego is 2446 miles.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between New York and San Diego.
- 284,732 seats were available on flights from JFK to SAN in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 244,082 passengers flew on all flights from JFK to SAN that year.
- The average flight time from New York, NY to San Diego, CA takes about 320 minutes.
- Flight #127, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 10 minutes average delay between flights from New York to San Diego.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New York and San Diego from American Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New York, NY to San Diego, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Delta Airlines offers the shortest flight times from New York to San Diego.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New York to San Diego in 2009 was 85.52%.
- There were 244,082 passengers that flew from New York to San Diego in 2009.
- American Airlines operated flights from JFK to SAN using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- JetBlue Airways carried a total of 110,050 passengers from JFK to SAN in 2009.
- The shortest flight between JFK and SAN takes about 317 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing JFK to SAN in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from JFK to SAN for JetBlue Airways is the A320-1/2 built by Airbus Industrie with 150 seats.
- JetBlue Airways, Delta Airlines, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from New York to San Diego.
- JetBlue Airways, Delta Airlines, American Airlines offer flights from New York, NY to San Diego, CA.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in North Miami Beach you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.