Book your JFK to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute New York to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between JFK and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from John F. Kennedy Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
JFK to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (JFK), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
JFK to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from John F. Kennedy Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from JFK to SFO
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 767-200 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-200 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|JetBlue Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|US Airways||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Virgin America||Airbus A319|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from New York to San Francisco (JFK to SFO)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between New York and San Francisco from UNITED is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 255 seats.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from JFK to SFO for UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 110 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between New York and San Francisco is 2586 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from New York, NY to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- American Airlines operated flights from JFK to SFO using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Flight #85, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 9 minutes average delay between flights from New York to San Francisco.
- There were 941,144 passengers that flew from New York to San Francisco in 2009.
- JetBlue Airways, Delta Airlines, UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from New York to San Francisco.
- The shortest flight between JFK and SFO takes about 338 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between New York and San Francisco.
- American Airlines, UNITED, Delta Airlines, Virgin America, JetBlue Airways offer flights from New York, NY to San Francisco, CA.
- The average flight time from New York, NY to San Francisco, CA takes about 343 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing JFK to SFO in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from New York to San Francisco.
- American Airlines carried a total of 274,035 passengers from JFK to SFO in 2009.
- 1,100,951 seats were available on flights from JFK to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 941,144 passengers flew on all flights from JFK to SFO that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from New York to San Francisco in 2009 was 81.16%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Naples Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Bar Harbor Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Denver Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.