Book your EWR to PHX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Newark to Phoenix airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between EWR and PHX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Liberty Intl. to Sky Harbor Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
EWR to PHX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Newark (EWR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Newark on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Phoenix (PHX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Phoenix on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
EWR to PHX Route Map
Route information for flights from Liberty Intl. to Sky Harbor Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from EWR to PHX
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Newark to Phoenix (EWR to PHX)
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Newark to Phoenix in 2009 was 81.34%.
- Continental Airlines carried a total of 191,605 passengers from EWR to PHX in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Newark, NJ to Phoenix, AZ in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- US Airways, Continental Airlines operate the shortest flights from Newark to Phoenix.
- The average flight time from Newark, NJ to Phoenix, AZ takes about 291 minutes.
- Continental Airlines operated flights from EWR to PHX using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Continental Airlines, US Airways, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Newark, NJ to Phoenix, AZ.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Newark and Phoenix from Northwest Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- There were 313,725 passengers that flew from Newark to Phoenix in 2009.
- 378,111 seats were available on flights from EWR to PHX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 313,725 passengers flew on all flights from EWR to PHX that year.
- Flight #1835, operated by Continental Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 7 minutes average delay between flights from Newark to Phoenix.
- The shortest flight distance between Newark and Phoenix is 2133 miles.
- US Airways offers the shortest flight times from Newark to Phoenix.
- The shortest flight between EWR and PHX takes about 289 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Newark and Phoenix.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from EWR to PHX for Continental Airlines is the B737-7 built by Boeing with 124 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing EWR to PHX in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-9 from Boeing. The B737-9 started flying in 2002.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including 3rd Street Promenade you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.