Book your EWR to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Newark to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between EWR and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Liberty Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
EWR to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Newark (EWR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Newark on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
EWR to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Liberty Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from EWR to IAD
|Continental Airlines||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Newark to Washington, DC (EWR to IAD)
- Flight #3054, operated by ExpressJet Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 35 minutes average delay between flights from Newark to Washington.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Newark to Washington in 2009 was 66.86%.
- The shortest flight between EWR and IAD takes about 41 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from EWR to IAD for Commutair is the DHC8-200 built by Bombardier with 37 seats.
- ExpressJet Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Newark to Washington.
- The shortest flight distance between Newark and Washington is 213 miles.
- American Connection carried a total of 35,372 passengers from EWR to IAD in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Newark and Washington from Lufthansa is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 352 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Newark, NJ to Washington, DC in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Newark, NJ to Washington, DC takes about 42 minutes.
- Air Greenland operated flights from EWR to IAD using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- American Connection, Commutair, ExpressJet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Gojet Airlines, Lufthansa, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines, American Airlines, Air Canada, Air Greenland, North American Airlines offer flights from Newark, NJ to Washington, DC.
- There were 100,219 passengers that flew from Newark to Washington in 2009.
- ExpressJet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines operate the shortest flights from Newark to Washington.
- The newest aircraft servicing EWR to IAD in 2009 was Commutair's DHC8-200 from Bombardier. The DHC8-200 started flying in 2002.
- 151,344 seats were available on flights from EWR to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 100,219 passengers flew on all flights from EWR to IAD that year.
- In 2009, there were 12 airline companies operating between Newark and Washington.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)