Book your ORF to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Norfolk to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORF and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Norfolk Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORF to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Norfolk (ORF), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Norfolk on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORF to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Norfolk Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORF to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Norfolk to Detroit (ORF to DTW)
- The average flight time from Norfolk, VA to Detroit, MI takes about 94 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Norfolk and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the A320-1/2 built by Airbus Industrie with 148 seats.
- 107,245 seats were available on flights from ORF to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 86,066 passengers flew on all flights from ORF to DTW that year.
- The shortest flight between ORF and DTW takes about 92 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 36,066 passengers from ORF to DTW in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORF to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Norfolk to Detroit in 2009 was 76.73%.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Norfolk to Detroit.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORF to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Norfolk, VA to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Comair's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Norfolk to Detroit.
- Flight #5071, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 36 minutes average delay between flights from Norfolk to Detroit.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Norfolk and Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from ORF to DTW using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Norfolk and Detroit is 529 miles.
- Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Comair offer flights from Norfolk, VA to Detroit, MI.
- There were 86,066 passengers that flew from Norfolk to Detroit in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Connecticut Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.