Book your PHL to SAN flights with Expedia and find last-minute Philadelphia to San Diego airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between PHL and SAN, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Philadelphia Intl. to San Diego Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
PHL to SAN Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Philadelphia (PHL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Philadelphia on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
PHL to SAN Route Map
Route information for flights from Philadelphia Intl. to San Diego Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from PHL to SAN
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Airbus A321-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A321-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Philadelphia to San Diego (PHL to SAN)
- The shortest flight between PHL and SAN takes about 313 minutes.
- US Airways offers the shortest flight times from Philadelphia to San Diego.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Philadelphia and San Diego.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Philadelphia to San Diego in 2009 was 79.44%.
- The newest aircraft servicing PHL to SAN in 2009 was US Airways' A319 from Airbus Industrie. The A319 started flying in 1997.
- US Airways, Northwest Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from Philadelphia, PA to San Diego, CA.
- The average flight time from Philadelphia, PA to San Diego, CA takes about 313 minutes.
- US Airways operated flights from PHL to SAN using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- US Airways operates the shortest flights from Philadelphia to San Diego.
- Flight #142, operated by US Airways, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 44 minutes average delay between flights from Philadelphia to San Diego.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Philadelphia and San Diego from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Philadelphia, PA to San Diego, CA in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- US Airways carried a total of 113,534 passengers from PHL to SAN in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from PHL to SAN for US Airways is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 124 seats.
- 144,563 seats were available on flights from PHL to SAN in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 113,788 passengers flew on all flights from PHL to SAN that year.
- The shortest flight distance between Philadelphia and San Diego is 2369 miles.
- There were 113,788 passengers that flew from Philadelphia to San Diego in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Rent a Car Whistler? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Kissimmee and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Cayman Islands Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.