Book your PHL to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Philadelphia to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between PHL and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Philadelphia Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
PHL to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Philadelphia (PHL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Philadelphia on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
PHL to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Philadelphia Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from PHL to SFO
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A321-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Philadelphia to San Francisco (PHL to SFO)
- The shortest flight distance between Philadelphia and San Francisco is 2521 miles.
- UNITED operated flights from PHL to SFO using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Philadelphia and San Francisco from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Philadelphia, PA to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Philadelphia, PA to San Francisco, CA takes about 336 minutes.
- US Airways carried a total of 196,799 passengers from PHL to SFO in 2009.
- The shortest flight between PHL and SFO takes about 335 minutes.
- US Airways offers the shortest flight times from Philadelphia to San Francisco.
- The newest aircraft servicing PHL to SFO in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- There were 270,449 passengers that flew from Philadelphia to San Francisco in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from PHL to SFO for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Philadelphia and San Francisco.
- US Airways, UNITED, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines offer flights from Philadelphia, PA to San Francisco, CA.
- Flight #659, operated by US Airways, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 11 minutes average delay between flights from Philadelphia to San Francisco.
- UNITED, US Airways operate the shortest flights from Philadelphia to San Francisco.
- 330,956 seats were available on flights from PHL to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 270,449 passengers flew on all flights from PHL to SFO that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Philadelphia to San Francisco in 2009 was 78.26%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Vancouver? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including State College Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Lake George Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.