Book your PHX to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Phoenix to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between PHX and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Sky Harbor Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
PHX to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Phoenix (PHX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Phoenix on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
PHX to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Sky Harbor Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from PHX to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Phoenix to Washington, DC (PHX to IAD)
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Phoenix to Washington in 2009 was 82.38%.
- UNITED, US Airways operate the shortest flights from Phoenix to Washington.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Phoenix and Washington from UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- UNITED, US Airways, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Phoenix, AZ to Washington, DC.
- The shortest flight between PHX and IAD takes about 221 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing PHX to IAD in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from PHX to IAD for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- The average flight time from Phoenix, AZ to Washington, DC takes about 224 minutes.
- There were 73,600 passengers that flew from Phoenix to Washington in 2009.
- UNITED operated flights from PHX to IAD using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Phoenix, AZ to Washington, DC in 2009 was UNITED's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight distance between Phoenix and Washington is 1956 miles.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Phoenix and Washington.
- Flight #999, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 3 minutes average delay between flights from Phoenix to Washington.
- 89,718 seats were available on flights from PHX to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 73,600 passengers flew on all flights from PHX to IAD that year.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Phoenix to Washington.
- UNITED carried a total of 45,352 passengers from PHX to IAD in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Lisbon and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Cinque Terre Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.