Book your PIT to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Pittsburgh to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between PIT and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Pittsburgh Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
PIT to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Pittsburgh (PIT), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Pittsburgh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
PIT to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Pittsburgh Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from PIT to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|United Airlines||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC (PIT to IAD)
- Shuttle America carried a total of 38,018 passengers from PIT to IAD in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Pittsburgh to Washington in 2009 was 71.86%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from PIT to IAD for American Connection is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight between PIT and IAD takes about 37 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Pittsburgh and Washington is 183 miles.
- The newest aircraft servicing PIT to IAD in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines operate the shortest flights from Pittsburgh to Washington.
- The average flight time from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC takes about 38 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 12 airline companies operating between Pittsburgh and Washington.
- There were 84,433 passengers that flew from Pittsburgh to Washington in 2009.
- Flight #7003, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 34 minutes average delay between flights from Pittsburgh to Washington.
- UNITED operated flights from PIT to IAD using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Pittsburgh to Washington.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Pittsburgh and Washington from UNITED is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 258 seats.
- Shuttle America, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, UNITED, American Connection, American Airlines, Air Greenland, ExpressJet Airlines, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlink offer flights from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC.
- 114,208 seats were available on flights from PIT to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 84,433 passengers flew on all flights from PIT to IAD that year.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Ferry Building you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.