Book your RDU to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Raleigh to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between RDU and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
RDU to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Raleigh (RDU), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Raleigh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
RDU to ATL Route Map
Route information for flights from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from RDU to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Raleigh to Atlanta (RDU to ATL)
- In 2009, there were 9 airline companies operating between Raleigh and Atlanta.
- The shortest flight distance between Raleigh and Atlanta is 356 miles.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 454,999 passengers from RDU to ATL in 2009.
- There were 592,747 passengers that flew from Raleigh to Atlanta in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Raleigh and Atlanta from World Airways is the MD-11 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 358 seats.
- 738,057 seats were available on flights from RDU to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 592,747 passengers flew on all flights from RDU to ATL that year.
- Atlantic Southeast offers the shortest flight times from Raleigh to Atlanta.
- The newest aircraft servicing RDU to ATL in 2009 was Atlantic Southeast's CRJ-900 from Bombardier. The CRJ-900 started flying in 2003.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Raleigh, NC to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Raleigh to Atlanta in 2009 was 76.33%.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Atlantic Southeast, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Skywest Air, Air Greenland, Air Canada, ExpressJet Airlines offer flights from Raleigh, NC to Atlanta, GA.
- The shortest flight between RDU and ATL takes about 61 minutes.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Delta Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Raleigh to Atlanta.
- The average flight time from Raleigh, NC to Atlanta, GA takes about 62 minutes.
- Flight #5617, operated by Atlantic Southeast, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 149 minutes average delay between flights from Raleigh to Atlanta.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from RDU to ATL using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from RDU to ATL for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Colorado Springs and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Cape May Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Detroit Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.