Book your RDU to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Raleigh to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between RDU and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
RDU to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Raleigh (RDU), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Raleigh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
RDU to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from RDU to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Raleigh to Detroit (RDU to DTW)
- Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Chautauqua Airlines offer flights from Raleigh, NC to Detroit, MI.
- The average flight time from Raleigh, NC to Detroit, MI takes about 87 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Raleigh and Detroit is 501 miles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Raleigh and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Raleigh, NC to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' DC-9-30 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing RDU to DTW in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Raleigh to Detroit.
- 168,178 seats were available on flights from RDU to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 131,342 passengers flew on all flights from RDU to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from RDU to DTW using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Flight #7306, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 40 minutes average delay between flights from Raleigh to Detroit.
- There were 131,342 passengers that flew from Raleigh to Detroit in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Raleigh to Detroit.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Raleigh to Detroit in 2009 was 74.57%.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 127,850 passengers from RDU to DTW in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Raleigh and Detroit.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from RDU to DTW for Chautauqua Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight between RDU and DTW takes about 86 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental San Diego? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Chicago and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Savannah GA you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Washington DC Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.