Book your RDU to DCA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Raleigh to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between RDU and DCA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Ronald Reagan Washington National with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
RDU to DCA Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Raleigh (RDU), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Raleigh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (DCA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
RDU to DCA Route Map
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Taos Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Grand Cayman Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.
Route information for flights from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Ronald Reagan Washington National.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from RDU to DCA
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ140|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet|
|US Airways||Embraer 170|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Raleigh to Washington, DC (RDU to DCA)
- The shortest flight between RDU and DCA takes about 40 minutes.
- American Eagle operated flights from RDU to DCA using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Raleigh and Washington from American Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 148 seats.
- 213,888 seats were available on flights from RDU to DCA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 126,719 passengers flew on all flights from RDU to DCA that year.
- In 2009, there were 8 airline companies operating between Raleigh and Washington.
- The average flight time from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC takes about 41 minutes.
- American Eagle offers the shortest flight times from Raleigh to Washington.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from RDU to DCA for American Eagle is the EMB-135 built by Embraer with 37 seats.
- American Eagle carried a total of 58,962 passengers from RDU to DCA in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Raleigh and Washington is 227 miles.
- Flight #6414, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 11 minutes average delay between flights from Raleigh to Washington.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC in 2009 was US Airways' B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- There were 126,719 passengers that flew from Raleigh to Washington in 2009.
- American Eagle, Air Wisconsin, Chautauqua Airlines, Comair, US Airways, Republic Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines offer flights from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Raleigh to Washington in 2009 was 59.09%.
- The newest aircraft servicing RDU to DCA in 2009 was US Airways' EMB-190 from Embraer. The EMB-190 started flying in 2005.
- Comair, American Eagle operate the shortest flights from Raleigh to Washington.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)