Book your RDU to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Raleigh to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between RDU and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
RDU to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Raleigh (RDU), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Raleigh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
RDU to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Raleigh Durham Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from RDU to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Raleigh to Washington, DC (RDU to IAD)
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Raleigh to Washington.
- There were 133,586 passengers that flew from Raleigh to Washington in 2009.
- The shortest flight between RDU and IAD takes about 40 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Raleigh and Washington from British Airways is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 299 seats.
- In 2009, there were 9 airline companies operating between Raleigh and Washington.
- UNITED, go Operated by Mesa Airlines operate the shortest flights from Raleigh to Washington.
- UNITED, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Shuttle America, British Airways, Comair, Air Greenland, American Eagle, ExpressJet Airlines, Air Canada offer flights from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from RDU to IAD for American Eagle is the EMB-135 built by Embraer with 37 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Raleigh and Washington is 224 miles.
- UNITED carried a total of 106,702 passengers from RDU to IAD in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing RDU to IAD in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- UNITED operated flights from RDU to IAD using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Raleigh to Washington in 2009 was 72.66%.
- The average flight time from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC takes about 40 minutes.
- Flight #7183, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 41 minutes average delay between flights from Raleigh to Washington.
- 195,719 seats were available on flights from RDU to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 133,586 passengers flew on all flights from RDU to IAD that year.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental St. Louis? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cancun Flights and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Pismo Beach Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Barcelona Travel today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.