Book your RIC to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Richmond to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between RIC and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Richmond Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
RIC to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Richmond (RIC), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Richmond on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
RIC to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Richmond Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from RIC to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Delta Air Lines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Richmond to Detroit (RIC to DTW)
- 28,787 seats were available on flights from RIC to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 23,692 passengers flew on all flights from RIC to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Richmond to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink, Compass Airlines, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Richmond, VA to Detroit, MI.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Richmond and Detroit.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Richmond, VA to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' DC-9-50 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Flight #3884, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 14 minutes average delay between flights from Richmond to Detroit.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Richmond to Detroit in 2009 was 80.67%.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 21,825 passengers from RIC to DTW in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from RIC to DTW for Northwest Airlink is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing RIC to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Richmond and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the DC-9-50 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 125 seats.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Richmond to Detroit.
- Compass Airlines operated flights from RIC to DTW using one type of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Richmond and Detroit is 456 miles.
- The average flight time from Richmond, VA to Detroit, MI takes about 86 minutes.
- The shortest flight between RIC and DTW takes about 84 minutes.
- There were 23,692 passengers that flew from Richmond to Detroit in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)