Book your SAN to ORD flights with Expedia and find last-minute San Diego to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SAN and ORD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from San Diego Intl. to O'Hare Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SAN to ORD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SAN to ORD Route Map
Route information for flights from San Diego Intl. to O'Hare Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SAN to ORD
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Etihad Airways||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from San Diego to Chicago (SAN to ORD)
- The average flight time from San Diego, CA to Chicago, IL takes about 205 minutes.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from San Diego to Chicago.
- UNITED operated flights from SAN to ORD using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between SAN and ORD takes about 204 minutes.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from San Diego, CA to Chicago, IL.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from San Diego, CA to Chicago, IL in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- There were 381,649 passengers that flew from San Diego to Chicago in 2009.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from San Diego to Chicago.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between San Diego and Chicago from Delta Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 184 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing SAN to ORD in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between San Diego and Chicago.
- 426,784 seats were available on flights from SAN to ORD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 381,649 passengers flew on all flights from SAN to ORD that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SAN to ORD for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- UNITED carried a total of 202,589 passengers from SAN to ORD in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from San Diego to Chicago in 2009 was 88.2%.
- Flight #500, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 8 minutes average delay between flights from San Diego to Chicago.
- The shortest flight distance between San Diego and Chicago is 1723 miles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Block Island and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Soaring Eagle Casino you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.