Book your SAN to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute San Diego to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SAN and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from San Diego Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SAN to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SAN to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from San Diego Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SAN to LAX
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Canadair Regional Jet 900|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Embraer RJ140|
|American Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ140|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer EMB.120 Brasilia|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet 900|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|United Airlines||Embraer EMB.120 Brasilia|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|US Airways||Embraer EMB.120 Brasilia|
Interesting Facts About Flights from San Diego to Los Angeles (SAN to LAX)
- American Eagle offers the shortest flight times from San Diego to Los Angeles.
- In 2009, there were 10 airline companies operating between San Diego and Los Angeles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from San Diego, CA to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- American Eagle, Skywest Air, Sun Country Airlines, UNITED, American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Delta Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Frontier offer flights from San Diego, CA to Los Angeles, CA.
- The shortest flight between SAN and LAX takes about 24 minutes.
- Skywest Air operated flights from SAN to LAX using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between San Diego and Los Angeles is 109 miles.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from San Diego to Los Angeles in 2009 was 78.89%.
- There were 339,916 passengers that flew from San Diego to Los Angeles in 2009.
- Flight #3054, operated by American Eagle, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 3 minutes average delay between flights from San Diego to Los Angeles.
- The average flight time from San Diego, CA to Los Angeles, CA takes about 26 minutes.
- American Eagle, UNITED, Frontier, Skywest Air operate the shortest flights from San Diego to Los Angeles.
- 435,909 seats were available on flights from SAN to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 339,916 passengers flew on all flights from SAN to LAX that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SAN to LAX for Skywest Air is the EMB-120 built by Embraer with 30 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing SAN to LAX in 2009 was Alaska Airlines' B737-9 from Boeing. The B737-9 started flying in 2002.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between San Diego and Los Angeles from Hawaiian Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 264 seats.
- American Eagle carried a total of 193,622 passengers from SAN to LAX in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Loreto Mexico you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Kapalua today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.