Book your SAN to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute San Diego to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SAN and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from San Diego Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SAN to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SAN to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from San Diego Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SAN to SFO
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from San Diego to San Francisco (SAN to SFO)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between San Diego and San Francisco from UNITED is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 244 seats.
- UNITED operated flights from SAN to SFO using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing SAN to SFO in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- 640,261 seats were available on flights from SAN to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 476,506 passengers flew on all flights from SAN to SFO that year.
- There were 476,506 passengers that flew from San Diego to San Francisco in 2009.
- UNITED carried a total of 317,554 passengers from SAN to SFO in 2009.
- Flight #9, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 10 minutes average delay between flights from San Diego to San Francisco.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between San Diego and San Francisco.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from San Diego to San Francisco in 2009 was 73.25%.
- UNITED, Virgin America, Skywest Air, Continental Airlines, Air Uganda, Delta Airlines offer flights from San Diego, CA to San Francisco, CA.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from San Diego, CA to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was Air Uganda's DC-9-30 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Skywest Air offers the shortest flight times from San Diego to San Francisco.
- The shortest flight between SAN and SFO takes about 68 minutes.
- The average flight time from San Diego, CA to San Francisco, CA takes about 68 minutes.
- UNITED, Skywest Air operate the shortest flights from San Diego to San Francisco.
- The shortest flight distance between San Diego and San Francisco is 447 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SAN to SFO for Skywest Air is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Rent a Car Birmingham? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Montauk Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Honolulu Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.