Book your SFO to ORD flights with Expedia and find last-minute San Francisco to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SFO and ORD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from San Francisco Intl. to O'Hare Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SFO to ORD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SFO to ORD Route Map
Looking for Philadelphia Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Rome and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Anaheim Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vacation Packages to Houston today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.
Route information for flights from San Francisco Intl. to O'Hare Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SFO to ORD
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Gulf Air Bahrain||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from San Francisco to Chicago (SFO to ORD)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from San Francisco, CA to Chicago, IL in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing SFO to ORD in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between San Francisco and Chicago.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from San Francisco to Chicago in 2009 was 85.92%.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from San Francisco to Chicago.
- There were 872,549 passengers that flew from San Francisco to Chicago in 2009.
- The shortest flight between SFO and ORD takes about 212 minutes.
- The average flight time from San Francisco, CA to Chicago, IL takes about 213 minutes.
- UNITED carried a total of 638,671 passengers from SFO to ORD in 2009.
- Flight #1532, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 15 minutes average delay between flights from San Francisco to Chicago.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between San Francisco and Chicago from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 361 seats.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from San Francisco, CA to Chicago, IL.
- 983,818 seats were available on flights from SFO to ORD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 872,549 passengers flew on all flights from SFO to ORD that year.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from San Francisco to Chicago.
- UNITED operated flights from SFO to ORD using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between San Francisco and Chicago is 1846 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SFO to ORD for UNITED is the B737-5 built by Boeing with 110 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)