Book your SFO to LHR flights with Expedia and find last-minute San Francisco to London airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SFO and LHR, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from San Francisco Intl. to Heathrow with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SFO to LHR Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from London (LHR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from London on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SFO to LHR Route Map
Route information for flights from San Francisco Intl. to Heathrow.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SFO to LHR
|Air New Zealand||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|BMI||Boeing 747 all pax models|
|British Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Iberia Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Jet Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Virgin Atlantic Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from San Francisco to London (SFO to LHR)
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between San Francisco and London.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from San Francisco to London in 2009 was 73.58%.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between San Francisco and London from Virgin Atlantic is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 600 seats.
- Virgin Atlantic operated flights from SFO to LHR using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 437,752 passengers that flew from San Francisco to London in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from San Francisco, CA to London, UK in 2009 was British Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing SFO to LHR in 2009 was Virgin Atlantic's A340-6 from Airbus Industrie. The A340-6 started flying in 1996.
- British Airways carried a total of 195,536 passengers from SFO to LHR in 2009.
- 586,321 seats were available on flights from SFO to LHR in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 437,752 passengers flew on all flights from SFO to LHR that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SFO to LHR for UNITED is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 257 seats.
- British Airways, UNITED, Virgin Atlantic offer flights from San Francisco, CA to London, UK.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for San Pellegrino? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including St Louis Art Museum you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.