Book your SBN to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute South Bend to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SBN and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from South Bend Regional to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SBN to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from South Bend (SBN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from South Bend on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SBN to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from South Bend Regional to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SBN to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from South Bend to Detroit (SBN to DTW)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SBN to DTW for Northwest Airlink is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between South Bend and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the DC-9-50 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 125 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between South Bend and Detroit is 157 miles.
- Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from South Bend to Detroit.
- The shortest flight between SBN and DTW takes about 34 minutes.
- The average flight time from South Bend, IN to Detroit, MI takes about 36 minutes.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines offer flights from South Bend, IN to Detroit, MI.
- The newest aircraft servicing SBN to DTW in 2009 was Northwest Airlink's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from SBN to DTW using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from South Bend to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 45,534 passengers from SBN to DTW in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from South Bend to Detroit in 2009 was 73.24%.
- Flight #1296, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 84 minutes average delay between flights from South Bend to Detroit.
- There were 47,977 passengers that flew from South Bend to Detroit in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from South Bend, IN to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' DC-9-30 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between South Bend and Detroit.
- 66,145 seats were available on flights from SBN to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 47,977 passengers flew on all flights from SBN to DTW that year.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Washington Park Portland you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.