Book your STL to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute St. Louis to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between STL and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Lambert St. Louis Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
STL to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from St. Louis (STL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from St. Louis on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
STL to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Lambert St. Louis Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from STL to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD90|
Interesting Facts About Flights from St. Louis to Detroit (STL to DTW)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between St. Louis and Detroit from American Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 188 seats.
- There were 108,647 passengers that flew from St. Louis to Detroit in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between St. Louis and Detroit.
- 138,106 seats were available on flights from STL to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 108,647 passengers flew on all flights from STL to DTW that year.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from St. Louis, MO to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing STL to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from St. Louis to Detroit in 2009 was 78.72%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from STL to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from STL to DTW using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between STL and DTW takes about 68 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Compass Airlines, American Airlines, Air Canada, Comair offer flights from St. Louis, MO to Detroit, MI.
- Flight #1415, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 48 minutes average delay between flights from St. Louis to Detroit.
- The average flight time from St. Louis, MO to Detroit, MI takes about 72 minutes.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from St. Louis to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 86,020 passengers from STL to DTW in 2009.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from St. Louis to Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between St. Louis and Detroit is 440 miles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Las Vegas Tickets and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Orlando Hotel you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Cheap Vegas Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.