Book your SYD to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Sydney to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between SYD and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Kingsford Smith Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
SYD to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Sydney (SYD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Sydney on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
SYD to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from Kingsford Smith Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from SYD to LAX
|Air New Zealand||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|American Airlines||Airbus A380 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777-200LR|
|Lufthansa||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Qantas||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|V Australia Airlines||Boeing 777-300ER|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Sydney to Los Angeles (SYD to LAX)
- 540,338 seats were available on flights from SYD to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 440,676 passengers flew on all flights from SYD to LAX that year.
- There were 440,676 passengers that flew from Sydney to Los Angeles in 2009.
- Qantas Airways, UNITED, V Australia, Delta Airlines offer flights from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, CA.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was Qantas Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Qantas Airways operated flights from SYD to LAX using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Sydney and Los Angeles from Qantas Airways is the A380 built by Airbus Industrie with 449 seats.
- Qantas Airways carried a total of 213,610 passengers from SYD to LAX in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing SYD to LAX in 2009 was Qantas Airways' A380 from Airbus Industrie. The A380 started flying in 2008.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from SYD to LAX for Delta Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 277 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Sydney to Los Angeles in 2009 was 80.5%.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Sydney and Los Angeles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Munich? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Kings Beach Lake Tahoe you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.