Book your TPA to ORD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Tampa to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between TPA and ORD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Tampa Intl. to O'Hare Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
TPA to ORD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Tampa (TPA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Tampa on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
TPA to ORD Route Map
Route information for flights from Tampa Intl. to O'Hare Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from TPA to ORD
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Gulf Air Bahrain||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Tampa to Chicago (TPA to ORD)
- UNITED operated flights from TPA to ORD using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 254,192 passengers that flew from Tampa to Chicago in 2009.
- Flight #761, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 18 minutes average delay between flights from Tampa to Chicago.
- The shortest flight between TPA and ORD takes about 142 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Tampa and Chicago is 1012 miles.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between Tampa and Chicago.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from TPA to ORD for UNITED is the B737-5 built by Boeing with 104 seats.
- 298,576 seats were available on flights from TPA to ORD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 254,192 passengers flew on all flights from TPA to ORD that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Tampa and Chicago from American Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 188 seats.
- UNITED carried a total of 163,643 passengers from TPA to ORD in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Tampa, FL to Chicago, IL in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED, American Airlines offer flights from Tampa, FL to Chicago, IL.
- The average flight time from Tampa, FL to Chicago, IL takes about 142 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing TPA to ORD in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Tampa to Chicago.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Tampa to Chicago.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Tampa to Chicago in 2009 was 84.47%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Mystic Seaport you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.