Book your DCA to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DCA and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Ronald Reagan Washington National to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DCA to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (DCA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DCA to ATL Route Map
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Lake Casitas you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Route information for flights from Ronald Reagan Washington National to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DCA to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD90|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Atlanta (DCA to ATL)
- 1,047,309 seats were available on flights from DCA to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 790,708 passengers flew on all flights from DCA to ATL that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Atlanta in 2009 was 72.73%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DCA to ATL for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from DCA to ATL using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Atlanta is 547 miles.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 615,126 passengers from DCA to ATL in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing DCA to ATL in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Flight #5882, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 137 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Atlanta.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Atlanta from Delta Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 262 seats.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Atlanta.
- The shortest flight between DCA and ATL takes about 75 minutes.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Shuttle America, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Atlantic Southeast offer flights from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA takes about 83 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Washington and Atlanta.
- There were 790,708 passengers that flew from Washington to Atlanta in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Delta Airlines, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Washington to Atlanta.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)