Book your IAD to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to ATL Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-700 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Atlanta (IAD to ATL)
- Delta Airlines operated flights from IAD to ATL using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to ATL in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA takes about 83 minutes.
- Flight #1621, operated by Delta Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 231 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Atlanta.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 235,872 passengers from IAD to ATL in 2009.
- 647,362 seats were available on flights from IAD to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 467,593 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to ATL that year.
- In 2009, there were 13 airline companies operating between Washington and Atlanta.
- The shortest flight between IAD and ATL takes about 79 minutes.
- There were 467,593 passengers that flew from Washington to Atlanta in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Atlanta from Northwest Airlines is the A330-3 built by Airbus Industrie with 298 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Atlanta is 533 miles.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Shuttle America, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Atlantic Southeast, Comair, Skywest Air, Northwest Airlines, Air Greenland, USA 3000, UNITED, Air Uganda offer flights from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Atlanta in 2009 was 75.05%.
- Northwest Airlink, UNITED, Comair, Delta Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Washington to Atlanta.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to ATL for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Atlantic Southeast offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Atlanta.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Foxwoods you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Anaheim Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.