Book your IAD to ORD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and ORD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to O'Hare Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to ORD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to ORD Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to O'Hare Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to ORD
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Chicago (IAD to ORD)
- 478,491 seats were available on flights from IAD to ORD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 322,597 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to ORD that year.
- UNITED, JetBlue Airways, American Airlines, Air Greenland, Delta Airlines, American Connection offer flights from Washington, DC to Chicago, IL.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Washington and Chicago.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Chicago, IL in 2009 was JetBlue Airways' A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Chicago from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 365 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Chicago in 2009 was 65.37%.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to ORD in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- UNITED operated flights from IAD to ORD using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to ORD for American Connection is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Chicago is 589 miles.
- Flight #756, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 9 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Chicago.
- UNITED carried a total of 322,065 passengers from IAD to ORD in 2009.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Chicago.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Chicago, IL takes about 92 minutes.
- There were 322,597 passengers that flew from Washington to Chicago in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAD and ORD takes about 90 minutes.
- UNITED, JetBlue Airways operate the shortest flights from Washington to Chicago.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Positano Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.