Book your DCA to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DCA and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Ronald Reagan Washington National to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DCA to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (DCA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DCA to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Ronald Reagan Washington National to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DCA to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Detroit (DCA to DTW)
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Detroit, MI takes about 71 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between Washington and Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DCA to DTW using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing DCA to DTW in 2009 was Midwest Airlines' EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlink, US Airways, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Washington to Detroit.
- There were 280,775 passengers that flew from Washington to Detroit in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Detroit.
- 405,036 seats were available on flights from DCA to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 280,775 passengers flew on all flights from DCA to DTW that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Detroit in 2009 was 70.75%.
- The shortest flight between DCA and DTW takes about 69 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DCA to DTW for Air Wisconsin is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Northwest Airlines, Air Wisconsin, Midwest Airlines, Republic Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, US Airways, Northwest Airlink offer flights from Washington, DC to Detroit, MI.
- Flight #7205, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 60 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Detroit is 405 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 244,543 passengers from DCA to DTW in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Monte Carlo Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.