Book your IAD to LHR flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to London airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and LHR, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Heathrow with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to LHR Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from London (LHR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from London on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to LHR Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Heathrow.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to LHR
|American Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|BMI||Boeing 767 all pax models|
|BMI||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|British Airways||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|British Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Iberia Airlines||Boeing 747-400 pax|
|Iberia Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Jet Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Virgin Atlantic Airways||Airbus A340-300|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to London (IAD to LHR)
- 732,467 seats were available on flights from IAD to LHR in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 499,450 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to LHR that year.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to London, UK in 2009 was British Airways' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Washington and London.
- UNITED carried a total of 229,715 passengers from IAD to LHR in 2009.
- There were 499,450 passengers that flew from Washington to London in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to LHR in 2009 was Virgin Atlantic's A340-3 from Airbus Industrie. The A340-3 started flying in 1996.
- British Airways operated flights from IAD to LHR using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to London in 2009 was 66.64%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to LHR for UNITED is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 183 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and London from Virgin Atlantic is the A340-3 built by Airbus Industrie with 500 seats.
- UNITED, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic offer flights from Washington, DC to London, UK.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Panama City Beach you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Cancun Vacation today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.