Book your IAD to MIA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Miami airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and MIA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Miami Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to MIA Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Miami (MIA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Miami on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to MIA Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Miami Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to MIA
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Miami (IAD to MIA)
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Washington and Miami.
- American Airlines, UNITED, Shuttle America, Air Greenland, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Washington, DC to Miami, FL.
- 136,739 seats were available on flights from IAD to MIA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 105,682 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to MIA that year.
- There were 105,682 passengers that flew from Washington to Miami in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAD and MIA takes about 131 minutes.
- American Airlines carried a total of 46,467 passengers from IAD to MIA in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Miami in 2009 was 71.05%.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to MIA in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Flight #1889, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 11 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Miami.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Miami, FL in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED operated flights from IAD to MIA using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to MIA for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Miami, FL takes about 132 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Miami from American Airlines is the A300-6 built by Airbus Industrie with 266 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Miami is 921 miles.
- American Airlines, UNITED operate the shortest flights from Washington to Miami.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Miami.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Kansas City Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Lauderdale by the Sea you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Christmas Vacation today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.